This is a great recipe to try out on a weekend, especially if you have a small gathering with friends planned. Cheese lovers, you will definitely be impressed!
Here’s what you need (enough for 6):
- 450 gram unsliced loaf of bread
- 100 g thinly sliced, Matured Cheddar Cheese
- 100 g thinly sliced, Mozzarella Cheese
- 70 g melted butter
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tsp flax and sesame seeds (optional)
How to make a Bloomin’ Onion Bread
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Cut the bread vertically and horizontally without cutting all the way through to the bottom of the crust. Place it on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Combine the chopped onions with butter and seeds.
- Arrange the cheese slices between the cuts in the bread.
- Pour the butter-onion mixture into the bread cuts.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese has melted nicely.