Don’t we all love a good baked egg recipe ? Move over poached, so long over-easy! There is a much happier way to eat eggs: say hello to these cute nests of puffy whipped egg whites with a sunshine yolk center. They will change your brunch routine forever, and everyone will think they are the cutest thing ever.
INGREDIENTS (FOR 4):
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 250g ham, chopped
- Freshly chopped chives
- Ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230°C and grease a large baking sheet.
- Separate egg whites and yolks,, placing the whites in a large bowl, and the yolks in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk or mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold grated Parmesan in, and then chopped ham. Season to taste.
- Spoon 8 mounds of egg whites onto the baking sheet and indent each center to form nests. Bake until lightly golden, about 3 min.
- Remove from oven and carefully spoon one egg yolk into center of each nest, season with salt and pepper. Bake until yolks are just set, about 3 min more.
- Garnish with chives before serving. You can serve them on a toasted slice of brioche.
Watch the video here.