- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 6 to 8 slices of bread (stale bread works, better results with brioche bread)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Whisk the milk, eggs, vanilla, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Place your pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture for about 3 seconds on each side. Make sure all sides are well coated.
- Place the bread in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with maple syrup or Nutella and fruits!