shine in this simple summer take on the parfait
- 4 packages fresh raspberries or strawberries
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon framboise liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 meringue shells, broken into pieces
1- Pour 2 packages of the raspberries, 1 cup of the sugar and the lemon juice into a pan. Crush the berries lightly with a fork and bring the mixture to a full boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is syrupy. Fold the remaining 2 packages of raspberries and the framboise liqueur into the hot mixture and refrigerate until very cold.
2- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream, the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla together on medium-high speed until it forms firm peaks.
In decorative glasses, layer a spoonful of the whipped cream, a spoonful of the raspberry mixture and then a few meringue pieces. Repeat once or twice, depending on the size of the glasses, until the glasses are full, ending with berries and a dollop of cream. Serve immediately or chill for an hour beforehand