A lemony twist to a classic chocolate favorite, give this Lemon Brownie (aka Blondies) recipe a try!
(for the blondie)
10 tablespoons of melted butter
1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 eggs (make sure they’re at room temperature)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup of flour (all purpose)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon natural lemon extract
(for the lemon glaze)
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
lemon zest for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
2. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix your butter and sugar. Then mix in the eggs and buttermilk. Set the mixture aside.
4. I a medium-sized bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients (flour and salt).
5. Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix well.
6. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract.
7. Pour the mixture into your baking dish.
8. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
9. Allow the brownies to cool, at this time, let’s make the glaze!
10. Stir together the glaze ingredients until silky smooth.
12. Spread the glaze on the cooled blondies, then sprinkle with lemon zest as a garnish.