For the Cookies:
- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the snowmen (for every dozen cookies):
- 6 marshmallows, cut in half at an angle
- White cookie icing
- Black cookie icing for decorating
- 24 mini M&M’s for buttons
- Assorted candies for noses and arms
For the cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl, stir in all your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder) then set the bowl to the side.
- Then in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, followed by the vanilla.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients.
- Once everything has been mixed. Roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls and place them onto greased cookie sheets. Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once baked, keep the cookies for two minutes before moving them to wire racks to cool.
For Decorating the snowmen:
- Spread the white icing on the cookies in the shape of blobs.
- Decorate the marshmallow with the black icing to create face details.
- Place an orange candy to create the note.
- Then place the marshmallow on the icing.
- Decorate with M&M’s for the buttons.