We are always on the lookout for new trends or products to make us look fresh and pampered. But you don’t need harsh chemicals—or tons of time—to get shiny, healthy hair and smoother skin. Just use these gentle, back-to-basics moves to start looking your best.
• For a radiant complexion slice a few grapes in half and rub the cut sides over clean skin. The fruit acids are natural exfoliators.
• If you wake up with tired, puffy eyes, chill your eye cream in the fridge and apply it from the outer corners of your eyes toward your nose. This helps drain excess fluid in the area.
• Stay protected by applying a moisturizer with black tea extract before sunscreen; studies show the ingredient decreases the effect of UV radiation on skin and may help prevent sunburns.
• Make a facial mask more effective by applying it in the shower, where steam opens pores so ingredients can penetrate. Smooth a mask over your face halfway through your shower, then rinse before you get out.
Make a facial mask more effective by applying it in the shower, where steam opens pores so ingredients can penetrate.
• To firm your jaw, neck, and throat, yoga experts suggest doing the “Kiss the Ceiling” move every day: slowly tilt your head back, pucker up, and try to kiss the ceiling; repeat 4 times. Muah, muah, muah, muah!
For shiny hair
• Treat your parched strands to a hydrating mask with all-natural olive oil.
• Preserve your hair color by avoiding shampoos that contain sulfates. They’re a form of detergent that can fade color or make it brassy.
• Add shine by distributing a few drops of hair serum throughout damp hair. The star ingredient, organic argan oil, makes strands glossy but won’t weigh them down.
• Prevent breakage in chemically treated hair by applying a rich, protective styling cream before you use hot tools. Make sure they contain green tea and shea butter.