Start off your weekend morning with the yummiest and fluffiest pancakes ever!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking power
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of oil (canola or coconut)
- In a medium bowl, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whisk the egg white until you have a fluffy white mixture with peaks.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks then add in your wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Mix until combine.
- Gently add in your egg white mixture into the other mixture, do not over mix as it will “deflate”.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add a teaspoon of your oil of choice, scoop a tablespoon or two (depending on the size you’d like) of the pancake mixture onto the pan.
- Once bubbles form on the top of the pancake, it might be time to flip.
- Once flipped, allow the other side of the pancake to bake, flip again to make sure that everything is fully cooked and then transfer onto serving plate.
- Repeat until you finish with your mixture.
- Stack up your pancakes on your serving plate, then drizzle on your favorite topics and enjoy!