A filling breakfast that also works great for lunch! Here’s how to make Shakshuka.
- 3 Eggs 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to take
- 80 ml of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 grams of chopped parsley
- 3 grams of chopped mint leaves Olive Oil
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat up about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then add in the onions, green peppers, garlic, spices, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow the vegetables to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then add in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar. Allow the mixture to simmer until the tomato mixture begins to reduce (about 10 minutes).
- With a wooden spoon, make 3 indentations in the tomato mixture, then crack an egg into each one.
- At this time, reduce the heat, cover the skillet, and cook the eggs until the whites are set.
- Remove the cover, add fresh parsley and mint, as well as a pinch of red pepper flakes or crushed black pepper.