The best relationship advice you’ll ever get

Relationships are hard. They take a lot of dedication, hard work, devotion and sacrifice. But once you’ve found the right person, you want to make sure you stay together. The best advice is this: Give 90%.

Yes, give only 90% and you both will be very happy. It’s so important to think about how your partner is feeling, to stand in their shoes, to be giving and compromising and emotionally generous. The other 10% is the understanding that sometimes it’s also OK to be a bit selfish, to place your needs first, and stand firm on something. But this advice only works if both of you are giving 90%.

It’s also important to understand that it’s not your partner’s job to make you happy. Your partner is responsible for his/her happiness and you are responsible for yours. If you’re looking for someone to complete you – or vice versa – you’re looking in the wrong direction. It is always better to find a way to feel how you want to feel regardless of what your partner is saying or doing.

Trust us, this advice is the best you’ll ever get!

No Comments Yet

Comments are closed

 

Mondanité is Lebanon’s leading lifestyle and social magazine. Well-known for its broad coverage of the society hot spots; every party and every big event Lebanon is hosting.

FOLLOW US ON