When you want to say you love fashion, you should at least have some knowledge to back up your claim. “What’s in style now?” “Where do you shop?” These may be some questions you face, so to sound as knowledgeable as your love for fashion, read on for some pointers.
– You have to obviously know the designers you’re a fan of, but more importantly, you should know why. Whether it’s Humberto Leon and Carol Lim at Kenzo or Alexander Wang at Balenciaga, you must have your reasons in check.
– Please check your pronunciation. We hate to break it to you, but you will be judged for mispronouncing a designer name. Look it up and get it right.
– Research and follow the coolest fashion bloggers.
– Look up upcoming trends and keep in mind at least 3.
– Fashion terminology is vital. Widen you fashion vocabulary.
– When are the major fashion weeks? For your info. You can thank us later.
January: Pre-Fall collections show
February/March: Fall/Winter collections show<
May: Resort collections show
July: Couture collections show
September/October: Spring/Summer collections show
The four major Fashion Weeks occur in New York, London, Milan, and Paris, in that order.