- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Shred the zucchini using the largest holes on a cheese grater (or a food processor)
- Use a clean kitchen towel to squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as you can (discard the liquid).
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the eggs, feta, mint, onion, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Scoop out the zucchini mixture using a ¼-cup measure and drop it into the pan, repeating to make as many patties as will fit in the skillet, about 4 at a time.
- Gently flatten the patties with the back of the measuring cup and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Repeat to make the rest of the fritters.